this page has been updated 1 month ago
Once Out of the Oven
- Place the cooked turkey on a clean wooden board.
- Allow the turkey to stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes or longer after roasting.
- Check the quality of the knife before proceeding.
- Warm the serving platter.
Removing the Wishbone
- Remove a little skin from the neck-end of the turkey's breast.
- Poke into the cavity with your finger, feeling around for the wishbone.
- Grasp the wishbone carefully and remove it from the turkey.
- Allow the wishbone to dry for a few days, and then use it to make a wish.
Carving the Legs
- Carve the legs.
- Remove as much meat as you can.
- Cut the leg at its knee joint.
- Slice the thigh meat by holding it firmly to the cutting surface with a fork.
Carving the Breasts
- Cut into the bird alongside of its breastbone.
- Angle the knife and cut the meat away from the carcass.
- Cut off the wing tips from the breasts.
- Slice the remaining meat against the grain.